Thomas Lyles, M.D.
1600 Central Dr Ste. 155 & 310
Bedford, TX 76022
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
DHAT - Central Drive - Bedford, TX
Gastroenterology in Bedford, TX
DHAT - Central Drive - Bedford, TX
1600 Central Dr
Ste. 155 & 310
Closing soon at 5 PM
About Thomas Lyles, M.D.
Dr. Lyles is a board-certified gastroenterologist at HEB Hospital in Bedford, TX. After graduating medical school, he completed both an internal medicine residency and GI fellowship at the University of Texas-Southwestern/Parkland in Dallas. During his fellowship, he had a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and trained in an IBD-specific clinic. Dr. Lyles has been practicing as a general gastroenterologist with Digestive Health Associates of Texas since July 2013.
He has worked as both a GI hospitalist and in a traditional office-based practice, which gives him a unique perspective in evaluating GI conditions. Dr. Lyles has been trained in upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, polyp removal, and treating gastrointestinal bleeding, in both the upper and lower GI tract. He has a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Dr. Lyles sees most of his patients through physician referrals from primary care physicians (PCP’s), internists, general surgeons, and OB/GYN’s. He is happy to see any patient suffering from a GI condition.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology at UT-Southwestern, Dallas
- Residency: Internal Medicine at UT-Southwestern, Dallas
- MD: University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Undergrad: Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterology Association
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital HEB
- Central Park Endoscopy Center
Awards and Accreditation:
- Prediction of esophageal varices and variceal hemorrhage in patients with acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Rockey DC, Elliott A, Lyles T. J Investig Med. 2016 Mar;64(3):745-51.
- A risk scoring system to predict in-hospital mortality in patients with cirrhosis presenting with upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Lyles T, Elliott A, Rockey DC. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2014 Sep;48(8):712-20.
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal/Rectal Bleeding
- Blood in the Stool
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Yellowing of the Skin/Eyes
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Anemia/Iron Deficiency
- Biliary Obstruction
- Celiac Disease
- Colorectal Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Gallbladder Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Hiatal Hernia
- Impacted Bowel
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Peptic Ulcers
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Argon Laser Therapy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- CT Scan or CAT Scan
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Esophageal Dilation
- Feeding Tube Insertion (PEG)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- High-Res Anorectal Manometry
- High-Res Esophageal Manometry
- Infusion Therapy (IV Infusion)
Love Dr. Lyles and his nurse Shannon!!! So happy that I went to see him!!!
I was scared to death of the thought of this procedure. You and your staff could not have done a finer job. Thank you all so much for your help, comfort and professionalism from start to finish. You will be well and often recommended.
Dr lyles listens and take time w/you
This is my elderly moms Dr.. He's very nice. Listened carefully to her. The staff was helpful getting us started.
Dr Lyles and his team have been amazing . My first time visiting his office , they explained the process and even offered payment plans in office . During my visit , Dr Lyles explained the procedure to me in a way I can understand it . Being nervous and not knowing what to expect , it was over before it even began !! The best sleep I’ve ever had in my life to say the least . The only upsetting thing was waking up , I felt like I could of stayed there the whole day ! I urge many to undergo treatment . It’s painless . I will refer friends and colleagues to him any chance I get . He gets 5 stars !!! Wonderful and friendly doctor .