1600 Central Dr Ste. 155 & 310
Bedford, TX 76022
- Virtual Telemedicine Visits Available, Call For Details
- Board Certified Gastroenterologist
- Currently Accepting New Patients
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
- Performs Colonoscopies
Request an Appointment
About Thomas Lyles, M.D.
Dr. Lyles is a board-certified gastroenterologist at HEB Hospital in Bedford, TX. After graduating medical school, he completed both an internal medicine residency and GI fellowship at the University of Texas-Southwestern/Parkland in Dallas. During his fellowship, he had a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and trained in an IBD-specific clinic. Dr. Lyles has been practicing as a general gastroenterologist with Digestive Health Associates of Texas since July 2013.
He has worked as both a GI hospitalist and in a traditional office-based practice, which gives him a unique perspective in evaluating GI conditions. Dr. Lyles has been trained in upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, polyp removal, and treating gastrointestinal bleeding, in both the upper and lower GI tract. He has a special interest in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
Dr. Lyles sees most of his patients through physician referrals from primary care physicians (PCP’s), internists, general surgeons, and OB/GYN’s. He is happy to see any patient suffering from a GI condition.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology at UT-Southwestern, Dallas
- Residency: Internal Medicine at UT-Southwestern, Dallas
- MD: University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- Undergrad: Auburn University, Auburn, AL
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterology Association
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital HEB
- Central Park Endoscopy Center
Awards and Accreditation:
- Prediction of esophageal varices and variceal hemorrhage in patients with acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Rockey DC, Elliott A, Lyles T. J Investig Med. 2016 Mar;64(3):745-51.
- A risk scoring system to predict in-hospital mortality in patients with cirrhosis presenting with upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Lyles T, Elliott A, Rockey DC. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2014 Sep;48(8):712-20.
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal/Rectal Bleeding
- Blood in the Stool
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Yellowing of the Skin/Eyes
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Anemia/Iron Deficiency
- Biliary Obstruction
- Celiac Disease
- Colorectal Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Gallbladder Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Hiatal Hernia
- Impacted Bowel
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Peptic Ulcers
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Argon Laser Therapy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Esophageal Dilation
- Feeding Tube Insertion (PEG)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- High-Res Anorectal Manometry
- High-Res Esophageal Manometry
- Infusion Therapy (IV Infusion)
Dr LYLES IS PROFESIONAL and friendly. He talks to like an equal and answered all of my questions.
This was my first visit with Dr. Lyles. I was very impressed with him. He asked me about my medical problems and examined me. He's a very caring and professional doctor.
Dr Lyles is a kind and caring doctor. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Lyles is an outstanding Dr. Very personable, thorough, always a good experience with him and his staff. I've had precancerous polyps, I totally trust Dr. Lyles to monitor my health and keep me cancer free. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
My first visit with Dr Lyles .. I was blessed to open up and speak freely about my concerns.. I am so happy I was sent his way.