Gallbladder Disease in Dallas, TX
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What is gallbladder disease?
Oftentimes going undected, gallbladder disease can be tricky to catch and diagnose without proper attention. A small organ located in the abdomen, your gallbladder holds and regulates the release of bile to facilitate the breakdown of foods during digestion. Gallbladder disease is used to describe an array of problems and conditions that have a negative impact on the gallbladder. These concerns include:
- Gallstones: Hard stone-like particles that can occlude the path to the gallbladder and bile ducts.
- Biliary dyskinesia: Decrease in gallbladder function.
- Sclerosing cholangitis: Ongoing inflammation and damage to the bile duct network that leads to scarring.
- Choledocholithiasis: A situation where a gallstone is caught in the exit route of the gallbladder. When this occurs, the gallbladder might become inflamed.
- Cholecystitis: An inflammatory response in the gallbladder typically caused by gallstones. In time, the gallbladder can decrease in size and lose its capacity to excrete bile.
- Acalculous gallbladder disease: When the gallbladder develops inflammation without the presence of gallstones.
If you develop a condition of the gallbladder that resembles any of the conditions mentioned here, you will want to be sure to have an experienced gastroenterology specialist helping guide you through your treatment. At Digestive Health Associates of Texas, our team can deliver the guidance you need. To receive treatment for gallbladder disease in Dallas, TX, please connect with our team today to request a consultation.
What are the causes of gallbladder disease?
Many gallbladder problems come from the formation of gallstones, which develop when cholesterol and other types of materials found in the liver bile coagulate and form stones. Occasionally, patients may also have infection, blood vessel concerns, or tumors that hinder the bile from draining normally. Regardless of the source of your gallbladder disease, you can find expert treatment at a Digestive Health Associates of Texas location near you. Our providers are experienced in evaluating gallbladder issues and can guide you toward the best strategy for treatment.
What are the signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease?
Signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease include:
- Pain that radiates to your back or right shoulder
- Abdomen tender to the touch
- Feeling nauseous
- Significant abdominal pain, especially in the upper right or center portion of the abdomen
If you find that you frequently experience one or more of the frustrating gastrointestinal symptoms mentioned above, contact a Digestive Health Associates of Texas location without delay to request a consultation.
How is gallbladder disease treated?
Several gallbladder diseases can be diagnosed by a standard ultrasound. In some cases, your physician may advise having further imaging like a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computed tomography (CT) scan. If gallbladder issues are found, there are many strategies for prevention and conservative management of these issues. The optimum way to decrease the risk of gallstones is to remain at an ideal weight, decrease your weight carefully, as advised, and adopt a healthy way of life. If treatment for gallbladder disease is required, possible treatments are:
- Fasting for a certain time period (to allow an inflamed gallbladder to rest and minimize inflammation)
- Medications to dissolve gallstones
- Pain relief medication
- Removal of the gallbladder (cholecystectomy)
If you or a loved one are seeking treatment for gallbladder disease in Dallas, TX, our team can help you consider the option for treatment that is best for you.
Trusted treatment for gallbladder disease
Gallbladder diseases, including cholecystitis, biliary dyskinesia, and gallstones, can be diagnosed and treated by an expert gastroenterology provider at Digestive Health Associates of Texas. Should you have symptoms related to your GI health, then we urge you to consult an experienced gastroenterology provider near you without delay to be assessed for problems such as gallbladder disease. As a physician-led network of gastroenterology specialists, our practice is equipped with modern treatment solutions for people suffering from gallbladder disease. To find a skilled gastroenterologist who can help treat your gallbladder disease in Dallas, TX, get in touch with a location in your community today.
Dr. Jack An was very informative and so nice. I highly recommend him!
All went smoothly and as planned. Personnel very receptive and the Doctor very easy going and precise.
A very nice Dr . Found what was wrong that all I cared about getting some help
Dr. Luk actually listens to you, is extreme knowledgeable as well as compassionate. I fully recommend him.
Dr. Kedia is a wonderul gastroenterologist, very skilled and knowledgeble. Contacted him about my medical problem , he quickly responded and scheduled an appointement. Arranged Endoscopy and biopsy ,and relieved my anxiety . Last week he schedueld complex Endoscopic procedure, and took care of it completely. He is the best Gastroenterologist in town, and very fortunate to have him here in DFW .