Jay Yepuri, M.D.
1600 Central Dr Ste. 155 & 310
Bedford, TX 76022
- Hemorrhoid Banding Specialist(CRH System)
- Colon Cancer Screening
- GERD Specialist
- Performs Colonoscopies
- Performs Endoscopies (EGD)
DHAT - Central Drive - Bedford, TX
Gastroenterology in Bedford, TX
DHAT - Central Drive - Bedford, TX
1600 Central Dr
Ste. 155 & 310
Closed. Opens Wed at 8 AM
About Jay Yepuri, M.D.
Dr. Yepuri practices as a general gastroenterologist with a subspecialty in advanced therapeutic endoscopy. Only a handful of gastroenterologists in the U.S. have completed subspecialty training in advanced therapeutic endoscopy. Because of his expertise in these procedures, Dr. Yepuri is able to offer his patients sophisticated, minimally invasive options for the management and treatment of a variety of digestive disorders. He prefers to maintain eye contact, listen, and take the time to educate his patients, which he feels empowers them. As a result, he and his patients work as a team to determine the best choices for the management and treatment of their conditions.
Education and Training
- Board Certified: Gastroenterology
- Fellowship: Digestive & Liver Diseases, Parkland Hospital/UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX
- Fellowship: Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy, Midwest Gastroenterology Associates, Louisville, KY
- Residency: Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX
- MD: University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
- Undergrad: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Awards and Accreditation:
- 2021 TSGE Marcel Patterson – Robert Nelson Award
- Peer selected as one of the Top Doctors of Greater Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas Magazine
- Member, Texas Medical Association Leadership College Class of 2014
- Past-President, Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Past-President, Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society
- Course Director, Practice Management Course, American College of Gastroenterology
- American Medical Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Texas Society for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy
- Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- H.E.B. Cancer Committee
- Colon Cancer Screening- As a leading gastroenterologist in Bedford and the surrounding Fort Worth, TX areas, Dr. Yepuri is an expert in colon cancer screening with colonoscopy. Early detection is the key to beating this cancer. Average-risk individuals should be screened for colon cancer beginning at 45 years of age.
- Endoscopy Specialist- An endoscopy is performed to uncover many upper-gastroenterology issues. An upper endoscopy or EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy) is a procedure where a flexible fiber optic camera with a light on the end (an endoscope) is advanced through mouth into the esophagus (swallowing tube) to the stomach and then the first part of the small intestine (duodenum).
- Hemorrhoids- Dr. Yepuri is an expert in hemorrhoid banding in Bedford and the surrounding Fort Worth, TX areas. Using the CRH O’Regan hemorrhoid banding system, Dr. Yepuri can treat your internal hemorrhoids in a few minutes using this painless non-surgical technique.
- Abdominal Pain
- Anal/Rectal Bleeding
- Blood in the Stool
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Yellowing of the Skin/Eyes
- Acid Reflux
- Anal Fissure
- Anemia/Iron Deficiency
- Barrett's Esophagus
- Biliary Obstruction
- Celiac Disease
- Colorectal Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal Motility Disorder
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Food Intolerance
- Gallbladder Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Hiatal Hernia
- Impacted Bowel
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis
- Peptic Ulcers
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Argon Laser Therapy
- Colon Cancer Screening
- CT Scan or CAT Scan
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection
- Esophageal Dilation
- Feeding Tube Insertion (PEG)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Hemorrhoid Banding
- High-Res Anorectal Manometry
- High-Res Esophageal Manometry
- Infusion Therapy (IV Infusion)
Thanks to Dr. Yepuri for recommending and performing a series of HALO Esophagus treatments on me. Because of the treatments, I am now Barrett's free. My sincerest thanks to Dr. Yepuri and his Team for the excellent medical care they provide. May GOD BLESS you!
The efficient procedure, pleasant nurses and an overall great group.
Getting a colonoscope is not one of my favorite things about being older. The prep solutions are among the worst things that I will ever have to drink. Sadly, even I have to admit they are a necessary procedure. If you are having one, may I suggest you consider Dr. Jay Yepuri for your procedure. His staff is very friendly and will be very helpful in getting the paperwork done. The equally friendly nurses will answer any questions and/or concerns you might have. Then you will meet Dr. Yepuri and you will find him to be a calming influence with his knowledgeable and professional manner. When it is over and you are awake, you will be given the results in a easy to understand manner. If you must have a colonoscope, I would highly recommend that you consider Dr Yepuri and his team for your procedure. I will get getting another one soon and, once again, this is where I will be going.
Wow DR Yapuri so happy I found this doctor. He has the best bed side manner. He is very kind, very thorough and professional. His ability to convey in-depth procedures to your individual case plan will make you feel at ease and you will know you've found the right doctor for you. His assistant projects His same qualities every call I've made is always returned, any nervous inquiry I've had has always been addressed. Please go see DR Jay Yapuri I promise you won't be disappointed.
Dr. Yepuri is great and takes the time to explain everything clearly and makes sure your comfortable with the treatment.